Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fortress Europa - Geneve, Lausanne, Montreux, Nyon, Paris, Paleo...where the hell am I?


Paris...



Montreux late night

Paris, outside Le Pompidou


PlaceMonge...where its at
Everyones got a voice here
The 5th
Riding that train...





Lac Leman...I mean Lac D' Geneve, Montreux
Crepes, Crepes, Crepes
Best bookstore ever, you the man Brian
Le Suisse invade Paris by night

So its been pretty crazy so far this July...thats an understatement.

I arrived in Geneve at the beginning of the month, I think the 9th or 10th, can't recall. Haven't had internet, or a phone, and although it made some things difficult I can now say it was good thing, still no phone, and no intention of getting one soon either...the freedom is beyond liberating.

So I've been running around town with French courses, paperwork, looking for work, and taking in the sights when I can...my sister makes sure of that...she is too good to her brother. We spent last weekend in Paris for her boyfriend, Frank's, birthday...man what a town. I blitzkrieged that place and in three nights and two days I saw as much of the city as was possible...a man could grow rather rotund with great speed in that place as every little cafe, boulangerie, bar, and vendor has great, no, excellent food...the mouth waters right now.

So we stayed at a friend of Frank's apartment in the middle of the 5th quarter, no one slept much as far as I can remember and that caused me to miss out on a morning hike with a very intriguing Canadian fellow who owned a marvelous bookshop in the 4th quarter...the dude had everything, rare finds, I spent way too much money in the book shop but i've been reading nonstop lately, finishing close to a book a day...haven't been able to do that for a long time. Regardless we made the best of it and tramped all about Paris with many many crepes devoured.

So Besides Paris, there has been a string of festivals, Montreux Jazz (Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller, AND Victor Wooten in one band...WTF?, John Schofield and much more) and Paleo all this week, there are many more to come and besides the big name events there is La Fete D' Geneve running all the way till August: Free concerts every night by the lake...lots going on to say the least.

I am still running about like a fool so I don't want to waste too much time on the computer, plenty more pictures but uploading requires time I simply can't, or won't, waste...I'll post something up again when things cool down a bit, till then Bon Chance!

No comments: